This leading Corporate Global Insurer is currently undergoing rapid growth and expansion. They pride themselves on their innovative approach and engaging professional and knowledgeable employees who can truly contribute big ideas to keep always improving. The have a demonstrated history of investing in the learning and development of their staff and provide a mature, flexible and collaborative team culture that will see your career truly nurtured.
They currently have 2 opportunities for an ambitious assistant underwriter to join their team, one within casualty and the other within financial lines. Both these roles have come about due to internal growth and promotion.
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody coming from an SME underwriting background looking to transition into global corporate or alternatively a broker / account executive keen to move into underwriting. The ability to manage fast paced and high-volume work and manage deadlines and competing tasks is pivotal to the success of this role.
The role is reporting to the Head of Operations and will involve providing support to a team of underwriters, managing and maintaining relationships with clients and being an integral part of this tight knit and collaborative team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting team of Underwriters and coordinating between other internal and external departments both locally and overseas;
- Preparation of policy documentation, setting up and finalising policies and ensuring accuracy;
- Handling closings and contract changes;
- Underwriting tasks, renewals, quotes, endorsements including managing broker relationships and engagement where required;
- Ensuring a high quality of service and work is offered to both internal and external parties;
- Assisting underwriters with all aspects of the underwriting process.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as an Underwriting Assistant or alternatively experience as a broker with a desire to transition into underwriting;
- Experience within financial lines and casualty ideal but other business lines will be considered;
- Ability to accurately analyses and assess data with a solid understanding of numbers;
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with both external and internal stakeholders;
- Excellent time management and proven ability to work to deadlines;
- Intermediate MS Office, fast and accurate typing and analytical skills essential.
The team works in a collaborative and mature environment where both trust and support are given to enable to you perform to your highest potential. Flexible work options with work from home capacity and committed ongoing training and development are all a part of joining this progressive and rapidly growing team.
Don't miss this opportunity! Apply to the link below or contact Nandani Gosai on (02) 8247 5711 quoting reference #190597