This leading Corporate Global Insurer is currently undergoing rapid growth and expansion. They pride themselves on their innovative approach and engaging professional and knowledgeable employees who can truly contribute big ideas to keep always improving. They have a demonstrated history of investing in the learning and development of their staff and provide a mature, flexible and collaborative team culture that will see your career truly nurtured.
They currently have 2 opportunities for an ambitious underwriting associate to join their team, one within Casualty and the other in Property. Both these roles have come about due to internal growth and promotion.
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody coming from an SME underwriting background looking to transition into other lines of business or alternatively a broker / account executive keen to move into underwriting. The ability to manage fast paced and high-volume work and manage deadlines and competing tasks is pivotal to the success of this role.
The role sits within the Operations team and will involve providing support to a team of underwriters, managing and maintaining relationships with offshore units and being an integral part of a tight knit and collaborative team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting team of Underwriters and coordinating between other internal and external departments both locally and overseas;
- Preparation of policy documentation, setting up and finalising policies in the system and ensuring accuracy;
- Handling closings and support premium handling, monitoring and chasing;
- Underwriting tasks, renewals, quotes, endorsements and assisting underwriters with all aspects of the underwriting process;
- Ensuring a high quality of service and work is offered to both internal and external parties including broker engagement where required;
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as an Underwriting Assistant or claims or alternatively experience as a broker with a desire to transition into underwriting;
- Experience within Casualty and Property ideal but other business lines will be considered;
- Ability to accurately analyses and assess data with a solid understanding of numbers;
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with both external and internal stakeholders;
- Solutions and results oriented individual with and ability to multi-task;
- Intermediate MS Office, fast and accurate typing and analytical skills essential.
The team works in a collaborative and mature environment where both trust and support are given to enable to you perform to your highest potential. Flexible work options with work from home capacity and committed ongoing training and development are all a part of joining this progressive and rapidly growing team.
Don't miss this opportunity! Apply to the link below or contact Nandani Gosai on (02) 8247 5711 quoting reference #190597