This Global Insurer has a reputation for being a market leader in the products it writes, both in Australia and beyond. With an excellent footing in the Asia-Pacific market and significant backing, they are highly regarded as a business with a track record of delivering significant success in the portfolios they manage. They pride themselves on their innovative approach and engaging professional and knowledgeable employees who can truly contribute big ideas to keep always improving.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Career Underwriting Assistant to join their International Financial Lines team in the capacity of a Senior Underwriting Assistant. In addition to supporting the team of underwriters, the position will also offer additional responsibilities and opportunities to examine and implement process improvement and efficiencies and supervise and manage the KPI performance of the team in general.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting Asia-Pacific and Global Underwriters
- Working closely with Brokers and overseas offices on risks and programmes
- Liaising with internal stakeholders both locally and abroad on technical matters
- Ensuring a high quality of service and work is offered to both internal and external parties
- Assisting underwriters with all aspects of the underwriting process
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an Underwriting Assistant within a commercial insurance environment, preferably with experience across financial lines and liability / indemnity
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of underwriting processes in regards to submissions and quotes, compliance, domestic markets and special transactions.
- Expert knowledge of premium allocation principles and insurance accounting principles
- Excellent attention to detail and administration skills, strong stakeholder management and client service skills
Culture and benefits:
- Market leading team
- Global Insurance programmes
- Exceptional learning opportunities
For more information, please contact Nandani on (02) 8247 5711 quoting reference #193298