About the company:
This is an opportune time to join a leading life insurance team in Melbourne. With a national presence in a supportive environment, our client can provide you with unsurpassed professional and personal development opportunities.
About the role:
The role as a Retail life underwriter will include a range of aspects with a particular focus on building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate and Negotiate underwriting decisions with advisers
- Ensure adherence to underwriting guidelines, compliance frameworks and authority limits
- Build long term and trusted relationships with advisors including regular offsite visits
- Participate in industry events such as PD days etc.
- Take an active role in business initiatives that look at improving business effectiveness
- At least 2+ years of underwriting experience in life insurance (group or retail)
- Excellent knowledge across Life, Trauma, TPD and IP retail products
- Sound financial and medical underwriting experience in life insurance
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Engaging personality and ability to network at all levels
Culture & Benefits:
- Work in a supportive and fun team environment
- Structured onboarding and development program
- Growing team with opportunities future career development with the business
- Access to a flexible working environment