A great opportunity has arisen at one of Australia's leading Life Insurance providers, for an established and experienced Snr./Technical Life Risk underwriter - Retail sector.
About the role:
My client will be seeking a pro-active, energetic and business-facing technical underwriter with the successful candidate joining an innovative, successful and collaborative team.
You will be responsible for meeting my client's expectations in terms of risk management, underwriting quality, relationship development and customer service.
- Assess and underwrite new life risk applications, in line with company philosophy
- Be able to apply sound and forward-thinking underwriting principals to all the major retail life product lines, including IP/Salary Continuance, Trauma, TPD and other lump sum benefits
- Develop key stakeholder relationships on both an internal external level - this will include building relationships with key financial advice practices and Dealer groups
- Help coach and mentor more junior members of the team
- Engage in helping to shape the companies underwriting philosophy
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years' experience of underwriting in the life sector (recent Retail exposure is essential, but background can include Group too).
- Have current U/W authority that reflects your level of experience
- Demonstrated sound financial and medical U/W judgement
- Ability to work well both in a team, and autonomously
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Be customer and client service orientated
- Show an ability to develop business relationships - must be pro-active
- Must have excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Relevant degree in the financial/commerce industries would be looked upon favorably (not essential)
Culture & Benefits:
- Future opportunities for growth within the team, and wider company - this would include the URE, UW governance etc.
- Very competitive package
- Great location
- Flexible working hours with "Work from Home" options (Work/Life balance is key)
- Friendly and collaborative team environment
For more information, please contact Kevin Pickard on (02) 8247 5714 quoting reference #189075