Our client, a major banking and financial services organisation currently has a an opportunity for a Risk Manager for permanent role based in Sydney's CBD.
As the industry's digital transformation accelerates, new technologies and improvements are now moving faster and the transformations are broader. This is now a challenge for the industry and is where a risk manager now functions to ensure the change and enable innovation is seamless and cost effective.
As a risk manager your will be focused on the operational risk management and understanding of relevant regulatory requirements and governance.
Based in the CBD, this is an exciting new opportunity to work with a leading organisation across technology and risk.
- Relevant experience in Second Line of Defence or First Line in-business risk and control function in IT and op risk areas
- Commercial knowledge in IT and operational risk management and understanding of relevant regulatory requirements
- Practical and hands-on industry experience in overall IT and op risk management controls and practices
- Independent, capable to manage evolving risks and able to influence stakeholders and promote for better practices
- Develop and implement technology risk practices that ensure alignment between teams
- Influence and champion world class risk management practices across Technology by providing SME recommendations and guidance on corrective / remediation actions required to manage delivered and delivery risk.
- Monitor compliance with the Compliance Risk Management framework and Regulatory
- Designated IT operational risk, IT security, data governance and management. Second Line of Defence function for the Bank
- Independently supervise and challenge first line IT risk management, liaise with IT and relevant departments in performing day-to-day IT risk management and controls
- Actively participate in business continuity plan (BCP) and disaster recovery (DR) testing on a regular basis
- Coordinate and provide support and reporting to Risk Committee, particularly in IT op risk-related areas
- Plan, design, and implement an overall IT security risk /operational risk management framework and update relevant risk policy documentation according to regulatory requirements
- Assist in establishing and maintaining risk appetite and metrics for IT/operational risk and perform monitoring of key risk indicators (KRIs) and other IT-related metrics on a regular basis
- Significant exposure to banking and financial services industries
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior stakeholders
Having the ability to speak multiple languages an advantage. Fluent in written and spoken mandarin will be advantageous.
Please apply directly via the link below. For a confidential discussion please call 9409 4700 quoting reference number 200582.