This company is a nationally recognised leader in their field, specialising in providing health and wellbeing services within corporate services. With a long established track record as market leaders, they place a high priority on taking care of the people that take care of their clients.
They currently have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced corporate receptionist / administrator to join their team, being the first point of contact for clients and providing administrative support to the office. The role will be reporting to the Business Support Manager and will involve both face to face client liaison, as well as handling high incoming calls and queries as well as day to day administration tasks to facilitate the smooth operations of this busy office.
This position is ideally to commence on a fixed term contract or temp basis, with the view to transition to permanent.
- First point of contact - face to face client liaison and answering and directing of incoming calls
- File management, assistance with clinical case management administration, minute taking, diary management and travel arrangements
- Reporting and updating of systems
- Filing and scanning of documents
- Handling and allocating mail ingoing and outgoing
- Banking and reconciliations
- Maintaining office such as board room maintenance, stationary orders, directing of couriers, catering and petty cash management and reporting
To be successful in this role, you will have a minimum of 2 years experience within a corporate environment, with experience within health care or social services highly regarded, along with strong administrative skills and an eye for detail. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to the position and an ability to develop rapport and build relationships will see you truly thrive in this role where there is plenty of scope for professional development.
Don't miss this opportunity! Apply now by clicking the link below or call for a confidential conversation on (02) 8247 5719
[To be considered for these roles you MUST be and Australian Citizen / New Zealand Citizen or hold a Permanent Residency.]