An excellent opportunity has arisen at one of Australia's leading financial institutions, for an established and experienced Senior/Principal Life Risk underwriter.
About the company:
Our client is one of Australia's premier banking and insurance providers, with global appeal to candidates and clients alike. They have representation in over 30 markets across the APAC Region, the Middle East, Europe and North America.
They are committed to building and enhancing their brand, and business, by attracting and retaining the best talent.
About the role:
My client is currently seeking an established Senior/Principal "Life Risk" underwriter with the successful candidate joining an innovative, successful and collaborative team.
You will be responsible for meeting my client's expectations in terms of risk management, underwriting quality, relationship development and customer service.
- Assess and underwrite new life risk applications, in line with company philosophy
- Be able to apply sound and forward thinking underwriting principals to all the major life product lines, including IP/Salary Continuance, TPD and other lump sum benefits
- Develop key stakeholder relationships, both internal and external
- Mentor and coach the less experienced underwriters in the team
- Sign off work from more junior U/W's in the team
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years' experience of underwriting in the life sector (group preferred but not essential)
- Have current U/W authority that reflects your level of experience
- Demonstrated sound financial and medical U/W judgement
- Ability to work well both in a team, and autonomously
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Be customer and client service orientated
- Show an ability to develop business relationships
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Relevant degree in the financial/commerce industries would be looked upon favourably (not essential)
Culture & Benefits:
- Future opportunities for growth within the team, and wider company
- Very competitive package, benefits & bonuses
- Excellent City location
- Flexible working hours with "Work From Home" options
- Great intellectual property within the business which will provide you with a sold platform for personal development
- Large investments being made in the business which will provide future opportunities
For more information, please contact Kevin Pickard on (02) 8247 5714 or email me directly at Kevinp@porterallen.com.au