Apply relevant specialist knowledge and experience to understand, influence and advise internal and/or external clients. Functions including the use of discretion/delegation and authority may be carried out within clearly defined policies, principles and specific objectives and may include people leadership roles with leadership accountability for a team, or teams, of employees. Employees are responsible for the delivery of work but accountability may sit at a higher Group.
- To produce quality, compliant, and timely Statements of Advice on a range of simple/complex strategies.
- Meeting high volume Statement of Advice production targets.
- Responsible for the provision of strategic input into produce Statements of Advice using XPLAN financial planning software alongside Financial Planners.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Producing Statements of Advice of varying range of complexity in a timely manner as directed by your Manager utilising Xplan
- Understanding of more complex structures such as companies, trusts, gearing, defined benefit, and SMSF.
- Ensuring that quality and compliant advice is prepared for practitioners which meets business designated SLAs as directed by your Manager
- To ensure all Statements of Advice produced meet Best Interest Duty (BIO)
- Meeting high volume Statement of Advice production targets
- Researching products, strategies, and technical issues when required
- Proactively manage risk; meet all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to process and procedures pertinent to role; escalate events/risks where necessary, issues or breaches as they are identified
- Ensure that Paraplanning services are produced in accordance with Licensee Standards
- Self starter who is also self sufficient requiring a low touch point
- Ability to interact (both verbally and written form) effectively and respectfully with Financial Planners
- Diligent with attention to detail and refined time management skills
Role Knowledge & Technical Competencies
- 2+ years pure Paraplanning experience
- University Degree qualified in a related discipline
- RG 146 compliant
- Completed Diploma in Financial Services (DFS)
- Advanced knowledge of Xplan is a MUST, WealthSolver, Risk Researcher, & Xtools+
- Advanced understanding of Word and Excel software
- Previous experience in a centralised unit is an advantage
- Thorough understanding of advice strategies including; superannuation; debt management; pensions; Centrelink; tax; investment; insurance; and SMSF.