About the Company:
Our client is one of Australia's leading insurance and wealth management organisations. This highly respected financial services entity is synonymous with the passion to deliver exemplary customer service through providing innovative and relevant products and services to help manage, preserve and create wealth, and to provide its broad range of clients tailored and market-leading insurance solutions.
Be part of one of Australia's most trusted and forward-thinking financial services brands!
We are looking for an experienced Complaints and Dispute Resolution consultant to join our clients Sydney-based general insurance team. The role will directly report to the Team Manager of the General Insurance Complaints and Disputes team.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for:
- Handling complaints throughout the complaints life-cycle by handling each stage of the complaint from lodgement to possible External Dispute Resolution
- Regularly liaising with stakeholders across all parts of our clients General Insurance business to help resolve complaints and disputes in a timely manner in accordance with both the clients, and external regulatory bodies, procedural requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as negotiation skills and the ability to liaise with occasional challenging and demanding customers.
- Great organization skills with which to help coordinate and take part in regular internal dispute resolution meetings
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a "Complaints and Disputes Case Manager" you will be responsible for handling the full end to end cycle of complaints and disputes case management (IDR and EDR)
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and external clients (including external agencies such as AFCA) to efficiently help resolve the complaints and disputes received by the complainant
- Ensure complaints are handled in fair, transparent and timely manner defined by the Insurance Council of Australia Code of Practice and ASIC regulatory guidelines
- Liaison with the External Resolution Scheme and participating required conciliations with the External Disputer Resolution Scheme (EDR)
- Preparation of reporting to stakeholders on complaint volumes, categories and insights for both internal and external dispute resolution
- Help to provide and analyse complaint data and understand trends impacting the business, and make recommendations to identify challenges to improve business practices and processes
- Assist in preparation of detailed IDRC response letters to complainants
What we're looking for:
- At least 3+ years of experience in Customer service, Complaints Handling and Dispute resolution, with exposure in both IDR and EDR channels
- Industry experience in the financial services and specifically experience in working in the General Insurance space incl Motor, Home, Landlords and CCI products
- Bachelor/Master's Degree ideally in Law would be looked upon favourably
- Strong conflict resolutions, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to draft detailed and comprehensive findings and responses to external dispute resolution schemes and complainants
- Driven individual with "can-do" attitude and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Good organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Process orientated to implement change and continuously review and identify process improvements to gain efficiencies
- Detailed knowledge of the current general insurance regulatory framework, guidelines and processes
Contact Nandani on (02) 8267 2495 quoting reference #208176