Group Risk Pricing Actuary
An excellent opportunity has arisen at one of Australia's leading financial institutions, for an established, qualified, group risk insurance pricing actuary.
About the company:
Our client is one of Australia's premier banking and insurance providers, with global appeal to candidates and clients alike. They have representation in over 30 markets across the APAC Region, the Middle East, Europe and North America.
They are committed to building and enhancing their brand, and business, by attracting and retaining the best talent.
About the role:
A recent opportunity has arisen in my clients Actuarial Division, on the Group Pricing side. They are looking for a specialist in this area, someone who is highly skilled in the pricing and reporting of group risk business, including the Master Trust and Industry Fund markets.
- Group Risk Pricing and Re-pricing, which will include Master Trust and Industry Fund business.
- The preparation of pricing and claims reports
- Assisting with the training of more junior "pricing" staff
- Provide technical advice to both internal stakeholders, and key external clients - you must, therefore, be comfortable in communicating verbally at meetings.
- Review pricing models
- Negotiation of group risk terms with intermediaries & clients
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of group risk pricing experience, including exposure to complex risk arrangements such as industry funds and master trusts
- Strong knowledge of the Australian group risk sector and, ideally, the Reinsurance market.
- You must be an Associate of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Ability to mentor and train others
- High level of financial modelling and profit scenario testing skills
- Coming with an already established network of "key client" relationships would be highly regarded
Culture & Benefits:
- Future opportunities for growth within the team
- Competitive Package
- Great intellectual property within the business, which will provide you with a great platform from which to upskill and grow.
For more information, please contact Kevin Pickard on (02) 8247 5714 or email me directly at Kevinp@porterallen.com.au