About the company:
Our client is one of the World's largest and most established insurance companies, with a strong presence in over 40 countries around the globe. They help to protect millions of customers worldwide, and have a very strong (and growing) brand here in Australia.
A regular award winner in multiple countries, they are one of the leaders in the corporate insurance solutions market globally.
The client stands for providing genuine and tailored products to their clients, that are both easy to understand and enable financial confidence to their expanding customer base.
About the role:
Recent opportunities have arisen in my clients Group Pricing unit, and they are looking for proactive, energetic and dynamic candidates with varying levels of experience in this area from Snr. analysts to Actuaries and Snr. Actuaries.
Candidates will need to be highly-skilled and experienced in the pricing and reporting of group risk business, including the Master Trust, Corporate, and Industry Fund markets.
- Group Risk Pricing and Re-pricing, which will include Master Trust and Industry Fund business.
- The preparation of pricing and claims reports
- Assisting with the training of more junior "pricing" staff (Actuary levels and above)
- Provide technical advice to both internal stakeholders, and key external clients - you must therefore be comfortable in communicating verbally at meetings.
- Review pricing models
- Negotiation of group risk terms with intermediaries & clients
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of group risk pricing experience, including exposure to complex risk arrangements such as industry funds and master trusts (5+ years for higher levels)
- Be qualified or near to qualified (ideally with Parts I and Parts II complete at least)
- Strong knowledge of the Australian group risk sector and, ideally, the Reinsurance market.
- You must be an Associate of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Ability to mentor and train others
- High level of financial modelling and profit scenario testing skills
- Coming with an already established network of "key client" relationships would be highly regarded
Culture & Benefits:
- Future opportunities for growth within the team
- Highly competitive remuneration package with leading benefits
- Flexible working conditions / Purchase additional leave / Gifted Leave
- Prime CBD location
- Diverse and Inclusive team / Social committees & clubs
- Great intellectual property within the business, which will provide you with a great platform from which to upskill and grow your brand in the market
For more information, please contact Kevin Pickard on (02) 8247 5714 or email me directly at Kevin.Pickard@porterallen.com.au