One of the largest Australian Retailer is looking for Finance Business Partner to join their Melbourne office. Preferred background from FMCG/Retail is highly prefered for this role.
- Building a new Profit and Loss for a business, which will include the below:
- Profitability of categories, including price, cogs, volume etc.
- All elements of expenses, total loss (shrinkage) and supply chain/logistics costings
- Enable forecasting of future profitability targets
- Financial governance and performance reporting and analysis including:
- Budget build, engagement with total business, and tracking of performance
- Ongoing liaising with the team to inform them of foreseeable changes to the P&L
- Set up new reporting and analysis of performance of the business
- Financial and non-financial KPI scorecard development and reporting
- Analysis and recommendations provided based on customer data.
REQUIREMENTS TO MEET POSITION OBJECTIVES
- Ability to influence outcomes and drive results - particularly with non-direct reports and those in different business functions
- Developed knowledge of key financial metrics and ratios (P&L, Balance sheet and non-financial), what they imply, and understanding of appropriate situations in which to apply them
- Skilled PowerPoint user, able to build compelling presentations which communicate complex financial messages into a clear story for senior, non-financial audiences. Often within quick timeframe.
- Exceptional report writing skills, can use written presentations as a mechanism to influence the business and drive action
- Excellent data manipulation and analytical skills. Proficient Excel user including pivot tables, vlookups, macros. Able to determine the most appropriate analytical approach and tools for the situation. Statistical analytical experience preferable
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, with proven ability to:
- Educate financial and non-financial stakeholders on the key drivers of performance; and
- Interpret, challenge and clarify ad-hoc requests by determining the key questions that need to be answered and appropriate format and priority of response
- Confident user of data systems to extract and manipulate data highly efficiently
- CPA/CA qualified with 2+ years PQE
- FMCG or Retail experience
- Business / Customer Insights
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills
- Excellent PowerPoint and story telling skills
- TM1 experience preferable but not essential
If you are interested, Please apply clicking the link below.