This National insurer has been rapidly growing and expanding into new areas since its inception and having recently acquired new business divisions, they are seeking an experienced insurance financial analyst to join the team commencing on a 6 month contract with the view to transition to permanent. The company has a fun and vibrant team culture with plenty of opportunity for growth and development, training and benefits and rewards abound.
They currently have an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious financial analyst to join their finance team, initially on a 6 month contract but with the view to go permanent. The role is working within a close knit team and is focused on achieving high quality financial analytics and reporting. This will include analysing movements of financials such as new business, renewals, claims, cancellations and reinstatements as well as reconciling data discrepancies, working closely with the claims team and managing relationships with brokers and other internal and external stakeholders.
The desired candidate will have a background within insurance and experienced in dealing with broker accounts and a solid understanding of insurance. Ideally you will have completed or be working towards formal accounting qualifications with at least 2 - 3 years' experience in the industry.
- Reviewing daily transaction data
- Analysis of movements and categorising as required across new business, renewals, claims etc
- Identification and reconciliation of variances
- Monthly reporting and forecasting
- Managing insurer payments and returns
- Invoicing, reco9nciliations monthly broker commission calculations
- Trend and source analysis and reporting
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a financial analyst / accountant or similar within insurance (insurance experience is an essential criteria)
- Degree qualification within relevant field
- MYOB, Access, advanced Excel and excellent analytical skills essential
- Fast learner, adaptable and quick to pick up systems
- Able to work autonomously with excellent stakeholder management skills
Don't miss this opportunity! Apply now to Nandani Gosai by clicking the link or call for a confidential conversation on (02) 8247 5711