An excellent opportunity has arisen at one of Australia's leading financial institutions, for an experienced and recently qualified Actuary. Our clients are seeking a valuation actuary professional to assist in the financial reporting and management of the life insurance business.
Our client is one of Australia's premier banking and insurance providers, with global appeal to candidates and clients alike. They pride themselves on their work life balance opportunities and career development opportunities.
The role sits in the Wealth Division on the Actuary side. They are looking for a specialist in this area, someone who is studying toward their fellowship with relevant Actuarial financial analysis experience. This is the role for you if you are a data and analytics driven professional.
- Work closely with the valuation actuary to assist in financial reporting and management of the life insurance business
- Update systems ensuring accurate cashflow projections for policy liability, value and capital
- Perform financial analysis on insurance policy liability and profit
- Review the key drivers and risks relating to profitability and value of life products
- Deliver regular reports to internal and external parties
- Use Prophet Modelling to help meet reporting responsibilities and improve risk management
- Assisting with the development of more junior staff members
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years experience in actuarial financial analysis
- Strong knowledge in life insurance industry
- You must be an Associate of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia or studying towards Fellowship
- High level of financial modelling and profit scenario testing skills
- Preferably have experience working with Prophet
Culture & Benefits:
- The role will develop you into a well-rounded actuary, gaining technical experience in all areas
- Competitive Package
- Great intellectual property within the business, which will provide you with a great platform from which to upskill and grow.
For more information, please contact Anson Lam on (02) 8247 5712 or email me directly at email@example.com