How to decide if you need a new job
The first month of the year can bring up questions for many of us about whether we’re in the right job or company. Especially as many of us find it difficult to get motivated after our holidays. But how to we differentiate lack of motivation and job dissatisfaction? What are the sure signs you might need a new job?
Here’s a list of the most influential reasons you might need to start looking for a new job:
- You are excessively complaining about your work in both home and professional conversations.
- You become extremely anxious and dread getting up for work in the mornings.
- You are lacking passion and productivity which causes boredom (often).
- You have been doing the same work since you started, and there are no signs of progression.
- You have an aversion for the culture of your office.
- You do not agree with the mission or feel like the company you work for does not live by their mission. This irritates you daily.
- You are browsing job boards and have been thinking about finding another job frequently.
- You are increasingly getting unwell due to stress or being rundown. You are stressed far more than you are content, and it is affecting your health.
- Your work life balance is non-existent. You have no time for your personal life.
- You are not challenged anymore and find yourself not caring about your work.
- You’re underpaid and have had several refusals to a pay rise.
- You are being bullied by management or other colleagues.
- You constantly defy or argue against the decisions of management.
You may experience just one of these or a few simultaneously. If you’re experiencing all of these… well, I think you know what that means.
So, what are the next steps?
You should still be a good employee and make sure you fulfil your responsibilities to a high standard. This blog may help you with some motivation.
However, you can also start looking for new jobs. This blog will help you take the first step to re-brand yourself and prepare your resume and online profiles before applying for jobs. Here’s a blog that can help you with the next steps for finding a new job.